Having weight loss for obese or overweight people is a kind of blessing. Remembering it is not that easy to lose weight, we know that for sure. It takes hard work and patience to lose weight. Not only because having slim body usually is far from deadly illnesses such as heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancers, osteoarthritis, gallbladder diseases, stroke, sleep apnea, etc, but also having slim body will make people look more attractive. Who doesn’t want to look attractive and healthy at the same time? Here, there are two ways to lose weight: modern way and traditional way. Let’s check one by one.
How to lose weight in a modern way
- Do Ultrasound Melting. This is believed to be able to kill fat cells. Those who want to have this kind of treatment to lose weight should go to losing weight specialists. There must be procedures and body checking before having ultrasound melting. This treatment is not cheap obviously.
- Use a compound called C13—the enzyme regulating metabolism found by experts for those who don’t want to exercise to lose weight. This is believed to melt fat with similar effect of exercises. However, experts also say that actually this enzyme is for those who cannot tolerate rigorous working out or for people with low mobility. Sakamoto, one of the experts said that this will help people who have only brisk walking instead of cycling or jogging to lose weight in boosting metabolism.
- Use pills for digestion mimicking. This kind of pill is like an imaginary meal. It is made in such a way that it can only be in the intestines to control side effects. The pill will send a kind of signal similar to the signal when we have eaten a lot of food that makes other parts of the body store the food only this pill will make that part of body take all food except the carbohydrates.
- Try routine cold shower like Phelps did which is now more effective with Cold Shoulder—an ice pack vest that is made by an expert from California University. This vest is to burn more calories. However, he said that exercises and diets are still the best of all to have sustainable losing weight.
So, what do you think? Are you now more persistent to lose weight? Those who don’t believe or don’t have enough money with modern ways to lose weight, they can always use a traditional way—the one that is believed to be safer. However, the traditional one is only for those who believe in process and patient enough to lose weight.
How to lose weight in a traditional way
- You should add protein into your diet. This will reduce your appetite so you will feel fuller. Protein will boost metabolism effectively. You know that our body will burn calories when it digests and metabolizes the protein that we eat.
- Choose the foods with only whole and single ingredient. This actually will automatically cut down sugar, processed foods, and fat.
- Drink unsweetened coffee that is full of antioxidants. You will feel full with black coffee to consume without calories. This also will help you boost metabolism and prevent you from diabetes type 2.
- Consume supplement with Glucomannan—the natural and water soluble dietary fiber pill made from Konjac plant root famous as the elephant yam plant. It is able to reduce fat and protein. It also can feed the friendly gut bacteria.
- Have healthy foods and snacks all the time in your house, car, and office. This will prevent you from eating junk food and other unhealthy foods that are usually able to make you fatter.
- Drink a lot of water. It is good if you drink a lot of water before meals. When you have to go to receptions where there are a lot of served drinks and foods, it is wise if you just drink lots of water so you will feel so full when you are there.
- Cut down the intake of sugar.
- Consume Probiotics that will improve the health of heart and digestive system.
- Have enough night sleep. In the process of losing weight, sleeping at nights helps a lot. Just don’t be too long or your body eventually becomes weak.
- Chew the foods you eat slowly since this will help you eat fewer calories.
- Brushing teeth after meals is a must since it will help us cut down the appetite to eat more and more.
- If you have addiction to certain foods, just try to control it. The foods that can make people be addicted, is usually the junk food containing more sugar and fat.
Besides what and how you eat that influence the success of losing weight, like mentioned before, exercising is very important to do. Here are the exercises to do to lose weight:
- Dumbbell Bench Press
- Cable crossover
- One arm dumbbell rows
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises
- Seated Dumbbell curls
- Seated triceps press
- Wrist Curls
- Hamstring Curls
- Leg Press
- Leg Extensions
- Standing Calf Raises
These kinds of exercises surely need a personal trainer to teach and tell you how. You need to go to gym. Keep it in your mind that you should have regular time to exercise and you need to stick to the schedule to have an effective result. Make a plan and be disciplined to follow the plan. Don’t forget about the cardio that should be done five to six days per week, and crunches that should be done three times per week. Other exercises you should do are jogging, brisk walking, jumping rope, biking, swimming, rowing, and aerobic.
Obviously, we should be disciplined if we want to be slimmer. Rome was not built in one day, so we need to be persistent and patient at the same time. It is also very important to consult the nutritionist if you want to do a diet or you end up having undernourishment. It is hoped that the article about weight loss can give you enough information and inspiration.